Make it happen in your community
Recently there has been a variety of green projects that have been successful in securing funding from Your Fund Surrey. The projects evidence the keenness and ambition community projects and groups have to reach net zero across the county.
Your Fund Surrey offers grants for both small and large community projects in your local area. Projects can vary from new playing fields or sports equipment, to developing green spaces and planting trees.
Some projects have already had funding agreed, while others are still awaiting a final decision. Here are some of the agreed green projects we've helped fund this year:
This charity in Oxted has had funding agreed to install on-site renewable energy generation and retrofit their premises to make them more energy efficient. The charity is dedicated to supporting young people with special educational needs, autism, and those that have life threatening and/or life limiting conditions. Each year, they provide live entertainment in an accessible format to more than 5,000 young people and a further 20,000 through their online channel.
Basingstoke Canal Society
The Basingstoke Canal Society has been successful in securing funding for a state-of-the-art electric canal boat and supporting charging infrastructure, replacing their existing diesel boat. The society's main remit is to preserve and develop the environmental sustainability of the canal, the move to a more sustainable canal boat will support them in their mission.
Find out more about the funding available on our Your Fund Surrey web page.
More from greener futures
- Tips for saving energy at home
- Tailored information, advice and support to help you
- Helping community projects protect our environment
- Six great cycle routes to get you from A to B
- Help us recycle more of the right things
- Kerbside electric vehicle charging trial launches in Surrey
- Helping us reach our green goal
- A solar panel buying scheme for residents re-launches
- How to avoid a bincident
- Reap rewards for reducing your rubbish
- Putting wildlife and nature first
- Dispose of small DIY waste free of charge
- Surrey connect is a new service launching in five Surrey areas
- Make the change, to save the change
- Feel confident on your bike with our new cycle training courses
- Travelling actively and safely around schools
- Get active during TravelWise Week and World Car Free Day
- Do you live or travel through Burpham?
- The River Thames Scheme
- 88% of people who use up their food leftovers save money
- Tackling Ash Dieback in Surrey this Autumn
- Five different types of Fungi in the UK
- What are green careers?
- What is the Green Infrastructure of the River Thames Scheme?
- Free grant to help heat your home
- Surrey schools receive grants to reduce the surface water risk on their sites
- A day in the life of a Surrey Highways team
- Meet Banana Grit, Frosty Fred and Ready Spready Go
- M25 junction 10 road closures and heathland restoration
- Who is responsible for the roadworks affecting you?
- Preparing for potholes
- How to prepare for winter
- Getting the right highways help
- Responding to flooding in Surrey
- Who is delivering the River Thames Scheme?