What we're doing to tackle potholes in Surrey
Along with the rest of the country, our roads faced an unprecedented increase in the number of potholes last winter. To find out why, watch our how do potholes form video.
We understand that potholes are very frustrating for Surrey residents and are doing all we can to tackle them:
- We're investing over £200 million to improve Surrey's roads and pavements
- This has included resurfacing 150 miles of roads and pavements since April
- We've doubled our volume of materials we use to repair potholes and are carrying out larger-scale fixes where possible
- Our highways teams now operate from three depots across Surrey so we can get to defects quicker
- We're trialling new video and AI technology to better detect potholes and new machinery to speed up repairs
- We'll increase our teams during the winter so potholes can be repaired quicker
You can report a pothole in your area on our tell us about potholes webpage.
More from greener futures
- Tips for saving energy at home
- Tailored information, advice and support to help you
- Helping community projects protect our environment
- Six great cycle routes to get you from A to B
- Help us recycle more of the right things
- Kerbside electric vehicle charging trial launches in Surrey
- Helping us reach our green goal
- A solar panel buying scheme for residents re-launches
- How to avoid a bincident
- Reap rewards for reducing your rubbish
- Putting wildlife and nature first
- Dispose of small DIY waste free of charge
- Surrey connect is a new service launching in five Surrey areas
- Make the change, to save the change
- Feel confident on your bike with our new cycle training courses
- Travelling actively and safely around schools
- Get active during TravelWise Week and World Car Free Day
- Do you live or travel through Burpham?
- The River Thames Scheme
- 88% of people who use up their food leftovers save money
- Tackling Ash Dieback in Surrey this Autumn
- Five different types of Fungi in the UK
- Your Fund Surrey supporting green projects
- What are green careers?
- What is the Green Infrastructure of the River Thames Scheme?
- Free grant to help heat your home
- Surrey schools receive grants to reduce the surface water risk on their sites
- A day in the life of a Surrey Highways team
- Meet Banana Grit, Frosty Fred and Ready Spready Go
- M25 junction 10 road closures and heathland restoration
- Who is responsible for the roadworks affecting you?
- How to prepare for winter
- Getting the right highways help
- Responding to flooding in Surrey
- Who is delivering the River Thames Scheme?