This page contains links to local and national organisations that can help you with your business. Select the letter to jump to the organisations in the directory that begin with that letter.
- Association of British Credit Unions (ABCUL) - Find out what services a credit union could offer you.
- Buckinghamshire Business First - growth hub
- Business and self-employed on Gov.uk
- Business Companion
- Business Continuity Management
- Business finance and support on Gov.uk
- Business waste reduction and recycling
- The Carbon Trust- Helps businesses and the Public Sector to cut carbon emissions and supports the development of low carbon technologies.
- Coast to Capital - Provides free and impartial government funded business support in Greater Brighton, West Sussex and East Surrey area which can help your ambitious and innovative business achieve growth
- Coast to Capital Funding Escalator
- Company Travel Plans
- Confederation of Business (CBI)
- Contracts Finder
- DEFRA- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Department for International Trade
- Development in Surrey
- Easit- Businesses working together to help their staff travel sustainably in Reigate, Redhill and Dorking.
- Enterprise and Business Support on Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy website
- Enterprise M3 Funding Escalator
- Enterprise M3 - An expert advice and resource network which helps businesses achieve results quickly through a free personal, tailored service focussed on growth.
- Environment Agency
- Export goods from the UK: step by step - exporting
- Exporting goods to other countries - HMRC course on how to deal with VAT, keep records and make additional returns
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - use this site to find information and free resources to help you in your work to improve financial capability.
- Fire safety for businesses and organisations
- Food Standards Agency - The Foods Standard Agency is an independent Government department set up by an act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
- Fredericks Foundation
- Get Safe Online - The Get Safe Online website is a newly launched one-stop-shop for independent expert advice to help individuals and small businesses protect themselves against internet threats such as viruses, spam, spyware and online fraud. Created by HM Government, the National Hi-Tech Crime Unit and leading businesses as a free public service.
- Find a grant on Gov.uk
- Growing your business on Gov.uk
Gov.uk is the place to turn for the widest range of government information and services. Listed below are a few of the areas you may wish to visit that give information for businesses.
- Business and self-employed
- Contact or deal with HM revenue and customs
- Coronavirus and your business
- Employment contracts
- EU transition business checker
- Human rights in the workplace
- Primary Authority overview
- Self-assessment tax returns
- Tax inspections and enquiries
- Health and Safety Executive - Our job is to prevent death, injury and ill-health to those at work and those affected by work activities
- Highways and travel information online
- HMRC Webinars covering a range of topics on help and support for businesses and the self-employed
- Import goods into the UK: step by step - importing
- Institute of Directors
- Invest in Surrey - a new service to enable us to respond to business investment enquiries, for those firms looking to relocate into the county from within the UK or abroad
- Open to export - a service for small and medium sized businesses looking for help and support in exporting from the UK.
- Safety laws
- Small Business Research Initiative on Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy website
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce
- Surrey Community Action (Formerley SVSC)
- Surrey-i - providing you with an insight into the residents, communities and local economy of Surrey to help inform your business planning and development.
- Trade Tariff: look up commodity codes, duty and VAT rates - Commodity codes
- Trading with other countries - HMRC course on how to get started, finding commodity codes, the export process and keeping records
- UK trade investment - Department for International Trade - works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice.
- Your Europe - To give you practical information and advice that helps you to carry out your business in another country within the European Union. You can find information on registration of companies, public procurement, taxes, business directories, various funding opportunities and employment laws.