Bright ideas to help get though lockdown!
Surrey Adult Learning has lots of online courses that can expand your horizons and brighten your days.
- Embrace a new language; French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian or Portuguese.
- Try new cooking techniques, from the basics to something more adventurous, like Asian cuisine. Learn to make edible gifts and discover bread making for budding bakers!
- Explore your creative side with crafts, design, and textiles. Become skilled in hand embroidery, needle felting, dressmaking, upholstery, or flower arranging.
- Take up a new hobby in arts & photography. Choose from drawing, watercolour painting, photography, art history and calligraphy.
- Know what makes your body tick with a healthy living nutrition workshop or de-stress on a mindfulness course.
- Keep up to date with computing and technology. Discover Microsoft Office, social media, or gain confidence using your Apple Mac computer.
- Express yourself through creative talents with creative writing and drama.
- Discover what makes us tick and delve into social science; psychology and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming).
- Attend a cultural lecture and learn about Pushkin's influence on Russian literature or festivals and celebrations of Italy.
- Get ready to find a new job; prepare your CV and interview technique (these courses are free)
Don't let lockdown get you down – discover a world of opportunities from your own home. During lockdown our adult learning centres are closed but there are hundreds of online courses available.
Surrey Adult Learning continues to expand its provision with a wide range of online courses, with some subsidised and free. Henrietta Parker Trust Courses are all £20. Free courses include Skills for Work, Passport to Wellbeing, Family Learning and Community Outreach. Subject to eligibility and terms and conditions apply.