- Proof of identity (for new applicants only): such as a valid driving licence or passport, a copy of a birth/adoption certificate or, marriage/divorce certificate, or civil partnership/dissolution certificate.
- Serial number and expiry date: of your current Blue Badge (if you have one).
- Proof of address: a copy of a document dated within the last 12 months with your address on it, such as a council tax or utility bill, or bank statement or prescription request.
- Recent Medical documents: that help us assess if you are eligible. If you can provide additional information from your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or physiotherapist this will assist our assessment of your application. If you are applying under the "non-visible" criteria additional professional information to support your application is essential.
- Payment: a Blue badge cost £10. If applying online you can pay by card. If you are applying by post you can only pay by cheque or postal order and they should be made payable to Surrey County Council.
- Photograph: a colour photograph, taken within the last six months, that clearly shows your face.
- PIP or DLA: letters showing proof of receipt and scores if applying via one of these routes.
It is easy to apply online and you may get your badge quicker. The easiest way is to upload your documents. If you are unable to do this you can email any supporting documents to email@example.com
The advantages of applying online are that you can:
- Check if you are eligible.
- Check the progress or status of your application
- Upload your documents such as proof of identify and proof of address and proof of eligibility.
- Upload your photograph
- Pay for your badge by card (If your application is not successful the fee will be refunded)
Applying by post - During the Coronavirus pandemic the blue badge team have limited access to the office, so any postal applications will be delayed therefore we strongly recommend that you reapply online or ask someone you trust to apply online on your behalf. If you can only apply by post we will need all the items listed above.