- Proof of identity (for new applicants only): such as a copy of a birth/adoption certificate or, marriage/divorce certificate, or civil partnership/dissolution certificate, or valid driving licence or passport.
- Serial number of your current Blue Badge (if you have one).
- Proof of address: a copy of a document dated within the last 12 months with your address on it, such as a council tax or utility bill, or bank statement or prescription request.
- Any other documents that would prove your eligibility and if you wish, you can also provide additional information from your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or physiotherapist.
- Payment: a Blue badge cost £10. If applying online you can pay by card. If you are applying by post you can only pay by cheque or postal order and they should be made payable to Surrey County Council.
- Photograph: a colour passport sized photograph, taken within the last six months, that clearly shows your face.
You may receive your blue badge faster if you apply online. You can also:
- Immediately check that you are eligible.
- Upload your documents such as proof of identify and proof of address.
- Upload your photograph (alternatively, you can email your photograph to: email@example.com stating that you have applied online and who you have applied for).
- Pay for your badge by card (payment of £10 is only taken if your application is approved).
Applying by post
If you are applying by post to prevent any delays, make sure that you include all the required documents listed above, including the payment. Please do not send originals, photocopies are acceptable.
Remember you can be a representative and apply online or by post on behalf of a friend or relative but we need to know who you are and the information submitted including the photo, must be of the person who needs to blue badge.