What to provide with your Blue Badge application
- Proof of identity (for new applicants only): such as a copy of a birth/adoption certificate or, marriage/divorce certificate, or civil partnership/dissolution certificate, or valid driving licence or passport.
- Serial number and expiry date: of your current Blue Badge (if you have one).
- Proof of address: a copy of a document dated within the last 12 months with your address on it, such as a council tax or utility bill, or bank statement or prescription request.
- Any other documents: that prove you are eligible. If you can provide additional information from your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or physiotherapist this will assist our assessment of your application. If you are applying under the "non-visible" criteria additional professional information to support your application is essential.
- Payment: a Blue badge cost £10. If applying online you can pay by card. If you are applying by post you can only pay by cheque or postal order and they should be made payable to Surrey County Council.
- Photograph: a colour photograph, taken within the last six months, that clearly shows your face.
- PIP or DLA: letters showing proof of receipt and scores if applying via one of these routes.
It is easier to apply online and you may get your badge quicker. The easiest way is to upload your documents. If you are unable to do this you can email any supporting documents to email@example.com.
The advantages of applying online are that you can:
- Check if you are eligible.
- Upload your documents such as proof of identify and proof of address and proof of eligibility.
- Upload your photograph or email your photograph to us stating clearly your name in the subject line of the email or who the photograph is of, if you have applied on behalf of someone else.
- Pay for your badge by card (payment of £10 is only taken if your application is approved).
Applying by post
During the Coronavirus pandemic the blue badge team have limited access to the office, so any postal applications will be delayed. We strongly recommend that you reapply online. If you cannot do this yourself, you can ask someone you trust to apply on your behalf. If you can only apply by post, you will need to include the items requested above. Please do not send originals - photocopies are acceptable, but postal applications are taking longer than online applications.