- Proof of identity (for new applicants only): such as a copy of a valid driving licence or passport, a copy of a birth/adoption certificate or, marriage/divorce certificate, or civil partnership/dissolution certificate.
- Serial number and expiry date: of your current Blue Badge (if you have one).
- Proof of address: a copy of a document dated within the last 12 months with your address on it, such as a council tax or utility bill, or bank statement or prescription request.
- Recent Medical documents that help us assess if you are eligible. This can be a letter from your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or physiotherapist, a patient summary statement, a copy of a recent prescription, especially if you have been prescribed pain relief, or any recent information from a medical professional that confirms you have a long term mobility problem.
- If you are applying under the "non-visible" criteria additional professional information to support your application is essential, this can be a copy of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), letter from a special needs professional, psychologist, psychiatrist other mental health professional involved in your care.
- Payment: a Blue badge costs £10. If applying online you can pay by debit or credit card. If you are applying by post you can pay by cheque or postal order, made payable to Surrey County Council. In some cases we can accept payment over the phone but we will inform you if we need to arrange this.
- Photograph: a colour photograph, taken within the last six months, that clearly shows your face. See further information about how to send us a colour photograph,
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) letter: letters showing proof of receipt and scores if you are applying because you are in receipt of the qualifying benefits.
Apply for a blue badge online as if you are eligible, this is a quicker process. When applying online you can also upload your supporting documents. If you are unable to do this you can email any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The advantages of applying online are that you can:
- Check if you are eligible.
- Check the progress or status of your application
- Upload your documents such as proof of identify and proof of address and proof of eligibility.
- Upload your photograph
- Pay for your badge by card (If your application is not successful the fee will be refunded)
Applying by post You can apply for a blue badge by post but this will take longer, so we strongly recommend that you apply (or reapply if a renewal) online. If you are unable to do this but you have a family member or friend who you trust, you can ask them to apply online on your behalf.