Opportunities for volunteering are varied and could include:
- Listing or indexing historic documents and publications
- Cataloguing historic photographs and other illustrations
- Supporting the Surrey History Trust by helping with newsletter productions and with events to raise funds to assist Surrey Heritage in rescuing and promoting Surrey's history
- Foldering and boxing records to ensure their protection
- Writing pages for the Exploring Surrey's Past website
- Recording antiquities recently discovered via the Portable Antiquities Scheme;
- Researching and inputting new data on archaeological sites and monuments into the Historic Environment Record
- Assisting with archaeological fieldwork
- Listing archaeological finds
- Processing of archaeological artefacts
- Involvement with a variety of community archaeological projects
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with Surrey Heritage, please complete the Expression of Interest Form below and send it to us. Please note that Surrey Heritage can only offer a limited number of volunteer placements.
- For further information on archaeology volunteering please contact our Community Archaeologist on 01483 518737 or email@example.com
- For work experience placements for year 10/11 pupils please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding volunteering with Surrey Heritage please contact us on 01483 518737 or email@example.com.
Files available to download
- Surrey Heritage Volunteer Expression of Interest Form (31.1 KB)
Please use this form if you wish to return by email.
- Heritage Volunteer Expression of Interest Form postal version (115.1 KB)
Please use this form if you wish to return by post.
- Cultural Services Volunteer Policy (52.9 KB)
More about volunteering with Surrey Heritage