Surrey Heritage is based at Surrey History Centre in Woking.
Opportunities for volunteering are varied and could include:
- Listing or indexing historic documents and publications
- Cataloguing historic photographs and other illustrations
- Supporting the Surrey History Trust by helping with newsletter productions and with events to raise funds to assist Surrey Heritage in rescuing and promoting Surrey's history
- Foldering and boxing records to ensure their protection
- Writing pages for the Exploring Surrey's Past website
- Assisting with archaeological fieldwork
- Listing archaeological finds
- Processing of archaeological artefacts
- Involvement with a variety of community archaeological projects
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with Surrey Heritage, or have any questions about volunteering, please contact us. Please note that Surrey Heritage can only offer a limited number of volunteer placements.
- For further information on archaeology volunteering please contact our Community Archaeologist on 01483 518737 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We take a limited number of work experience placements each year for year 11 and sixth form/college students. Unfortunately, Surrey Heritage's work experience programme for 2023 is now full. If you would like to find out more about careers in the sector please see our Culture Links Careers Guidebook (found under the Students and Young People section).
Files available to download
Cultural Services Volunteer Policy (PDF)
More about volunteering with Surrey Heritage
Surrey Heritage Volunteering Report 2019 (PDF)
Report on volunteer projects at Surrey Heritage 2019