To read this page in Ukrainian, please see Google Translate: Підтримка громадян України
The Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass can be applied for online using the form included in Step 3.
The form can be filled in either by the UK family host on behalf of their Ukrainian guest(s) or by the person who wants the bus pass.
Individual forms will need to be filled in for all person's aged over 5 years. Children aged under 5 years do not need a bus pass to travel.
Please follow the steps below to apply for a temporary bus pass.
Step 1: Find your bus route company
Check the bus route that you want the free travel to cover and make a note of the bus company for that route. Make sure it is one of the bus companies listed in step 2.
To check routes and bus company, see our bus timetables pages.
Make sure you pick the route that you will use more frequently.
Step 2: Read the terms of your bus route company
Metrobus have two travel schemes for Ukrainian nationals:-
- Four weeks free travel for all Ukrainian nationals. For more information please visit our If you're not on the Homes for Ukraine scheme webpage.
- 12 or 24 week bus pass, or until 31 March 2024 free bus travel for those on the Homes for Ukraine scheme. If you have already applied for four weeks free travel and have a keycard this will change the way you need to apply.
If you have a four week Metrobus keycard already and want to apply for the 12, 24 or 36 week free bus travel, you can apply if you are on the Homes for Ukraine Scheme. If you already applied for and received a free four week Metrobus keycard you do not need to go back to the Metrobus travel shop. The application form button will instead ask you for the last 8 numbers of the 18 digit identity number on your Metrobus keycard.
If you are eligible, Metrobus will add the extra 8 weeks, 20 weeks or until 31 March 2024 of free travel automatically and email you directly to confirm that the additional free 8 weeks, 20 weeks or until 31 March 2024 of travel has been added and your keycard is ready to use.
If you do not have a four week Metrobus keycard already and want to apply for the 12 weeks, 24 weeks or until 31 March 2024 of free bus travel from Metrobus, you can apply if you are on the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
For applicants applying for Stagecoach as their bus company, it is important to remember Stagecoach only offer three month long bus passes. For free travel until 31 March 2024, you will need to apply again once your first three month bus pass is due to expire.
If you are accepted when you apply, you will receive your second or third discount code to order your next three month bus pass.
Please be advised, for Stagecoach this will be to a total of 9 months in total.
Compass and White Bus
You will be sent your pass once digital photo is provided. Instructions of where to send digital photos will be provided once application is processed.
You will need to collect your pass. You can see details on how to do this in Step 4. They will also let you know when to collect your pass once your application has been processed.
Reptons, Southdown Buses and Diamond/Hallmark
These bus companies will post your bus passes to you once application has been processed.
Step 3: Fill in the application form
Details you'll need to provide
Applying for yourself
- Your name
- The address where you are staying in Surrey
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
Applying for family members
- Family member's name
- The address where they are staying in Surrey
- Their date of birth
- Their email address, or your own if they do not have one
- Please note confirmation emails and further instructions will be sent to the email address provided
Host applying on behalf of your guest
- Your guest's name
- The address where your guest is staying in Surrey
- Your guest's date of birth
- Your guest's email address, or your own if they do not have one
- Please note confirmation emails and further instructions will be sent to the email address provided.
Fill in the form
What happens next
Once you have applied by filling in the above Bus Pass Application Form you will receive confirmation of your application by email. Please note you may be asked by some bus companies to supply a passport style photo.
Step 4: Receive your bus pass
How long it will take
You can expect to receive your Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass within 10 working days.
Delivery or collection
- Compass - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have given once you have supplied Compass with a digital passport style photo.
- Falcon Coaches – you will need to collect the pass from a travel shop/ bus station information desk - Falcon Coaches Ltd, 20a Wintersells Rd, Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7LF
- Metrobus - you will need to collect the pass from the Metrobus Travel Shop in Redhill. Redhill Travel Shop, 3 Princess Way, Redhill RH1 1UR. Open 8.30am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 5pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday and Bank Holiday. You will need to bring along some proof of identity such as your passport, Visa, or another official document provided by the Home Office.
- Reptons Coaches - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have provided.
- Southdown Buses - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have provided.
- Stagecoach - you will receive an email with a code for a free pass and instructions on how to use it.
- White Bus - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have given once you have supplied White Bus with a digital passport style photo.
- Diamond/ Hallmark - you will be sent the pass by first class in the post. For each checked applicant, you will receive either:
- If eligible for 12 weeks travel, you will receive three lots of four week tickets
- If eligible for 24 weeks travel, you will receive six lots of four week tickets
- If eligible for 36 weeks travel, you will receive nine lots of four week tickets
- If eligible for travel until 31 March 2024, you will receive the appropriate lots of tickets to this date.
You will be told in advance how you will receive your bus pass.
Using your bus pass
- Once Surrey County Council has verified that you or the person(s) you are applying for are eligible to receive a Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass, your details will be provided to your chosen bus company.
- The bus pass is free of charge no payment will be requested, you will not be asked to confirm your bank details at any point.
- If a photo is needed for a child's bus pass aged 5 to 15 years, you may need to pay for a passport style photograph
- The bus pass will be valid for a period of three or six months from issue or until 31 March 2024.
- The pass will only be valid for use by the named person on the application and should not be given to anyone else for bus travel.
- The pass will be issued from your chosen bus company and will not be valid on other bus company routes. Check before you travel.
- Children aged under 5 years do not need their own bus pass but can travel on an accompanying adult's bus pass.
- For terms and conditions of travel please check your chosen bus companies web pages for details.
Help with your application
If you need help with your application or have further questions, please telephone: 0300 200 1008 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- Complete our community helpline enquiry form
- Textphone (via Text Relay): 18001 0300 200 1008
- Telephone from overseas: +44 20 8541 9944 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- SMS: 07860 053 465
- VRS: Sign language video relay service
Calls to 03 numbers from any network will cost no more than those to 01 and 02 numbers and count as part of any call package. The cost of calls per minute depends on the network. Please check with your provider. BT customers may be able to call 03 numbers for free.
Please note: Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.