To read this page in Ukrainian, please see Google Translate: Підтримка громадян України
To read this page in Russian, please see Google Translate: Поддержка граждан Украины
Disclaimer: as the translations linked above are provided by Google Translate, Surrey County Council cannot be held responsible for their accuracy.
- Name of service - Strategic Transport Group
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of issue - 16 June 2022
- Date of current version - 15 September 2022
- Review date - 16 June 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
It has been agreed that members of the Ukrainian community living in Surrey, under the Government's Homes for Ukraine scheme, are eligible for 12 weeks free bus travel, in order to give them the best chance to become part of the community without travel being a financial barrier.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the service?
Your personal data is collated for the sole purpose of checking eligibility for, and issuing of, a 12 week free bus pass.
The information provided will not be used for any other purpose.
What information do we collect?
The information being collected is:
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- A photograph may be required to issue the bus pass, depending on the operator
We use this information to:
- Check the applicant is eligible under the Homes for Ukraine scheme, and
- That their information can be shared with the bus operators offering the scheme, along with the County Council, so they can be provided with a 12 week free bus pass
How we are allowed to use your personal data
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
If you request your data be deleted during the 12 week time period for the pass, it may impact on the use of your free bus pass.
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data will be shared with the Bus operators who have agreed to take part in the scheme.
Your data may also be shared with the local districts and boroughs, for the purpose of validating application details.
Retention of data
Data will be retained until Surrey County Council removes this scheme or the Government removes the Homes for Ukraine scheme. Whichever is sooner.
For further information on our privacy notice, please see information and privacy.