Free advice and information regardless of your financial situation
The cost of living is impacting everyone and is affecting us all differently. Whether you're struggling to keep up with food costs and energy bills, your mortgage or rent has increased due to rising interest rates or you are looking to retrofit your house to make it more energy efficient, look no further.
Regardless of your current financial situation, our free online Energy Advice Tool can give you information and advice on a range of topics and provides details of schemes you might be eligible for.
The online tool will ask you a short series of questions and depending on the answers will offer tailored information on grants, support and advice, and non-financial help on a range of topics including:
- Recommendations for financial support and measures to improve energy efficiency in your home
- Signpost to debt relief grants
- Where to find additional services such as clothes and food banks
- Fuel vouchers.
Visit the Energy Advice Tool to get tailored advice and see if you can get extra support this winter.
Other support available
Warm Welcome have been set up across Surrey this winter as places within the local community where you can enjoy a safe, warm and friendly environment in which to enjoy a hot drink, social activity, receive information and advice. The service is open to all but is particularly beneficial to residents in hard to heat homes, those who are isolated, or those worried about their energy bills. Find your nearest Warm Welcome.
We have pulled together financial, health and welfare information on our website to ensure you find the right support on offer in the county. For more information, visit the Welfare Hub.
More from greener futures
- Tips for saving energy at home
- Helping community projects protect our environment
- Six great cycle routes to get you from A to B
- Help us recycle more of the right things
- Kerbside electric vehicle charging trial launches in Surrey
- Helping us reach our green goal
- A solar panel buying scheme for residents re-launches
- How to avoid a bincident
- Reap rewards for reducing your rubbish
- Putting wildlife and nature first
- Dispose of small DIY waste free of charge
- Surrey connect is a new service launching in five Surrey areas
- Make the change, to save the change
- Feel confident on your bike with our new cycle training courses
- Travelling actively and safely around schools
- Get active during TravelWise Week and World Car Free Day
- Do you live or travel through Burpham?
- The River Thames Scheme
- 88% of people who use up their food leftovers save money
- Tackling Ash Dieback in Surrey this Autumn
- Five different types of Fungi in the UK
- Your Fund Surrey supporting green projects
- What are green careers?
- What is the Green Infrastructure of the River Thames Scheme?
- Free grant to help heat your home
- Surrey schools receive grants to reduce the surface water risk on their sites
- A day in the life of a Surrey Highways team
- Meet Banana Grit, Frosty Fred and Ready Spready Go
- M25 junction 10 road closures and heathland restoration
- Who is responsible for the roadworks affecting you?
- Preparing for potholes
- How to prepare for winter
- Getting the right highways help
- Responding to flooding in Surrey
- Who is delivering the River Thames Scheme?