Helping you to make your home more energy efficient and environmentally friendly
Making your home more energy efficient and environmentally friendly is a great opportunity to reduce energy bills and do your bit for the environment and reduce your carbon footprint.
What funding is available?
We've been awarded Government funding through the Home Upgrade Grant scheme, which means you could be eligible to receive a free grant of up to £38,000.
What can I use the fund for?
Funding can be used for a variety of insulation measures such as cavity wall, loft, external wall, park home and underfloor insulation as well as solar PV and thermal panels, air source heat pump and smart heating controls.
Who is eligible?
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The property must not be heated by mains gas
- The property must have an EPC rating of D, E, F or G
- You must be in receipt of means-tested benefits or have an annual gross household income below £31,000. If your incomes exceeds £31,000 annually, you might still be eligible.
Some residents have already benefitted from the funding and have already had improvements fitted. Here are some comments from the previous funding scheme.
Neil from Waverley:
"Very positive experience. Thank you for everything. I have no concerns regarding the work, your contractors under the scheme have all been exceptional. Prompt and the subcontractors helpful."
Robert from Reigate and Banstead:
"The whole team from start to finish were professional, polite and friendly. Every one of them did a first-class job. Extremely pleased with the work carried out."
Tessa from Epsom:
"Absolutely amazing company. Everyone involved have been extremely respectful towards my family and I, and of my home."
Find out more
For more information and to check if you're eligible for the grant, visit the Action Surrey website or call 0800 783 2503. You can also use the Government's eligibility checker to learn more about the scheme and submit your application.
More from greener futures
- Tips for saving energy at home
- Tailored information, advice and support to help you
- Helping community projects protect our environment
- Six great cycle routes to get you from A to B
- Help us recycle more of the right things
- Kerbside electric vehicle charging trial launches in Surrey
- Helping us reach our green goal
- A solar panel buying scheme for residents re-launches
- How to avoid a bincident
- Reap rewards for reducing your rubbish
- Putting wildlife and nature first
- Dispose of small DIY waste free of charge
- Surrey connect is a new service launching in five Surrey areas
- Make the change, to save the change
- Feel confident on your bike with our new cycle training courses
- Travelling actively and safely around schools
- Get active during TravelWise Week and World Car Free Day
- Do you live or travel through Burpham?
- The River Thames Scheme
- 88% of people who use up their food leftovers save money
- Tackling Ash Dieback in Surrey this Autumn
- Five different types of Fungi in the UK
- Your Fund Surrey supporting green projects
- What are green careers?
- What is the Green Infrastructure of the River Thames Scheme?
- Surrey schools receive grants to reduce the surface water risk on their sites
- A day in the life of a Surrey Highways team
- Meet Banana Grit, Frosty Fred and Ready Spready Go
- M25 junction 10 road closures and heathland restoration
- Who is responsible for the roadworks affecting you?
- Preparing for potholes
- How to prepare for winter
- Getting the right highways help
- Responding to flooding in Surrey
- Who is delivering the River Thames Scheme?