The search box at the top right of each web page is a basic search covering most parts of the website.
Clicking the magnifying glass button next to the search takes you to the search results page with a larger search box and options to help narrow your search.
If you are not finding the information you need:
- Try using another word or phrase for what you are looking for.
- If you are getting too many results, try using a more specific search term - for example, 'parent training' instead of just 'training'.
- You can search just part of the site by using the 'refine your search' links on the right of the results.
- We provide some extra ways to search for some specific information - see the list below.
- It might be a service that we don't provide - some services are provided by your district or borough council.
- Still no luck? Read the following suggestions on this page and if they don't help, please see our quick links guide or If all else fails.
Are you looking for…
- Library books by title or author – try: the library catalogue or our e-books search
- Footpaths– try Rights of way public notices or the Rights of Way interactive map
- Surrey schools – search our schools database– please note, this database only includes Surrey County Council maintained schools and not privately funded schools.
- Online form – try our A-Z of online forms or, for highways reporting forms, see our A-Z of highways forms
- Job opportunities with Surrey County Council – see our jobs page
- Teaching jobs – see www.surreyschools.com
- Family, children or youth organisations, see the family information service directory
- Webcasts – see our latest webcasts
- E-petitions - view, sign or create online petitions on council related matters
- Committee papers – search our committee papers database
- Childcare choices in your area – please see childcare choices.
- Places in Surrey – please see Visit Surrey for information about places in Surrey, including where to go and what to see. For directions, see our interactive Map
If all else fails…
If you have followed all of the advice above but still have not been able to find what you are looking for, please contact Web and Digital Services to let us know the search term you used and the information that you were looking for on our website.
Alternatively, you can call our contact centre on 03456 009 009 and they can advise you if the information or service you are looking for is provided by us or your local borough or district council or another organisation.