Are you reporting an emergency situation?
We define an emergency as a hazard that is an immediate threat to life or limb. If you want to report a highway emergency or you are unsure please do not report it online, call our Contact Centre.
- Blocked drain
- Drain (broken, loose etc)
- Flooding and/or drainage problem
- Fault with a bridge (bridge problem or enquiry)
- Grit bin problem
- Ironwork (manhole covers etc.)
- Problem with a road line (give way line or stop line)
- Street light (including illuminated bollards and illuminated signs)
- Trees and vegetation
- Traffic lights not working
- The condition of a carriageway (worn road surface, cracks etc. but not potholes)
- Vandalism to council property
If the problem is not listed above
If the problem you are reporting is not covered by one of the options above please use the A to Z of online highways forms to locate the appropriate form.
Other reporting options
Our online system is the most popular and easiest way to report a problem. However, if you cannot, or do not wish to, complete a form online, then please contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Any personal information supplied will be held under the provisions of th Data Protection Act and will not be disclosed to third parties.
Track the progress of a highway problem
If you would like an update on the status of a defect that you have reported previously, then please contact us - making sure you have your reference number to hand.
You may like to review our help with reporting a highway problem page to find out about our timescales for responding to your report.