Travel plan resources
Our Travel Plan Good Practice Guide sets out what Surrey County Council requires from development related travel plans.
For organisations wishing to produce travel plans, please download the workplace travel plan template below. A staff survey questionnaire can also be found on page 25 of our Travel Plan Good Practice Guide.
For developers wishing to produce residential travel plans, please download the residential travel plan template below. A residential survey questionnaire can also be found on page 27 of our Travel Plan Good Practice Guide.
The monitoring report template can be downloaded to produce monitoring reports for all travel plans.
The following links provide information about:
Promoting active and sustainable travel
Bus travel in Surrey
Rail travel in Surrey
Discounted travel in Surrey
- Easit in East Surrey has negotiated a discount for all its members for train travel with Southern trains and for bus travel with selected Metrobus routes. Your organisation can join Easit and pass the discount benefits to your staff by visiting their website.
- Fuels and the environment (via the AA, Business Customers' page)
- Car fuel and CO2 emissions data (via GOV.UK)
Files available to download
- Travel plan good practice guide (PDF)
- Residential travel plan template (PDF)
- Workplace travel plan template (PDF)
This template is for use by developers, occupiers, their agents and transport consultants who want to produce a workplace travel plan.
- Travel plan monitoring report template (PDF)
This template is for use by developers, occupiers, their agents and transport consultants who want to produce a monitoring report.