Where to get help after a flood

The National Flood Forum

The National Flood Forum (NFF) provides free, independent advice and support on a range of issues from dealing with your insurer to practical advice for getting back on your feet. They can even help families find alternative accommodation.

The NFF continues to hold surgeries in the areas worst affected by flooding this winter. Contact your borough council for further details:

Runnymede Borough Council - Tel: 01932 838383

Spelthorne Borough Council - Tel: 01784 451499

Elmbridge Borough Council - Tel: 01372 474474

Other key contacts

Contact Surrey County Council on 03456 009 009 to speak to someone about the Repair and Renew grant, donations and volunteering, Surrey Trading Standards.

Call the Environment Agency – 0345 988 1188 (24-hour service) to report severe flooding in your area and visit the website for up to date information about flood alerts and flood warnings.

Visit the Highways Agency website for the latest traffic information on Surrey's major roads. For local traffic and travel information, you can follow BBC Surrey Travel Twitter.

Call UK Power Network – 0800 783 8866 (from your landline) or 01243 50 8866 (from your mobile) to report a power cut or if you are concerned about electrical safety. You can also visit their website to see if they are aware of a power cut in your area.

  • Updated: 10 Oct 2014