Local planning applications

Borough and district councils deal with planning applications for building, extending or converting homes, offices or shops. You will need to apply directly to your local borough or district or visit their website to find applications.

Surrey County Council only deals with applications for minerals or waste related developments, and for developments to its own property, such as schools and libraries. All planning applications determined by us are also sent to the relevant borough or district and they may have the documents available on the planning applications register pages of their website.

Please note that certain work will also have to comply with Building regulations.

Boroughs and districts

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.