Planning applications for building, extending or converting homes, offices or shops are handled by borough and district councils.
Surrey County Council deals with applications for minerals or waste-related developments, and for developments to its own property, such as schools and libraries.
The following documents are to help and guide you through making a minerals application to us.
Files available to download
- Local List Introduction and Background (PDF)
Guidance for applicants and agents on the validation requirements of planning applications submitted to the County Planning Authority
- Local list Annex 1 - Minerals Related Development (PDF)
Guidance for completing minerals related applications
- Guidance Notes for Applicants Nov 06 (PDF)
Guidance Notes for applicants seeking planning permission for mineral working and associated development (county matters) - still current
- Guidelines for Noise and Vibration Assessment and Control (PDF)
Guidelines on the standards the county council will normally apply to mineral, waste and other county development sites.
- Surrey Noise Guidelines Appendix A (PDF)
Appendix A: Supplementary Information to the Guidelines for Noise and Vibration Assessment and Control