- Name of service - Transport Policy Mailing Lists
- Directorate - Environment, Transport and Infrastructure
- Date of issue - 24 May 2018
- Date of current version - 24 May 2018
- Review date - 15 February 2025
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Transport Policy service that oversees county transport policy, including the Surrey Transport Plan, and the development and delivery of major transport schemes for Surrey County Council.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the service
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of
- informing statutory consultees (as defined by the Local Transport Act 2008) and interested parties of upcoming consultations and developments relating to the Surrey Transport Plan and major transport schemes in Surrey
- in order to fulfil our statutory obligations and our commitment to work with stakeholders and interested parties.
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Contact details (email address, postal address and/or telephone)
- The date your details were added
- The reason your details were added (i.e. the reason you are considered a statutory consultee, or else that you consented to being on the mailing list)
How we are allowed to use your personal data
If you are a statutory consultee as defined by the Local Transport Act 2008, we use your data to contact you to carry out or obligations under that act.
If you are not a statutory consultee, to process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address and we will deal with your request: email@example.com
Who we share your personal data with
Our colleagues in the Surrey County Council Environment, Transport & Infrastructure Directorate
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained whilst you remain a statutory consultee (if applicable), or else until you withdraw your consent.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.