- Name of service - Surrey ENCTS (Free Bus Pass)
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 18 May 2018
- Review date - 18 May 2019
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the functions of Surrey's England National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS); also known as Surrey Free Bus Pass.
The scheme is enshrined in Primary Legislation through the Transport Act 2000 (as modified by the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007).
The scheme allows residents in the administrative county of Surrey to make an application for an older person or a disabled person concessionary bus pass; as an additional concession eligible applicants can apply for a companion permit (C+ on the bus pass).
In any application for a concessionary bus pass, the onus will be on the applicant to provide proof of their entitlement.
Successful applicants will be issued with an ENCTS bus pass.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific teams or services
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of assessing eligibility.
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Vital Interests
What information do we collect?
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number
- Photographic image for identification purposes
- Copies of documents submitted for assessment to prove eligibility. This can include proof of ID/age (i.e. Passport/Driving licence); proof of address (i.e. Utility bill/Pension letter); proof of disability (i.e. DWP benefit entitlement, medical report/records).
- Payment transactions are made via Worldpay site
- Journey information
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
The England National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) is enshrined in Primary Legislation through the Transport Act 2000 (as modified by the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007).
Who we share your personal data with
No data is shared commercially however data is shared with:
- System supplier currently: SmartCitizen Ltd
- National Fraud Initiative
- Other local authority council departments (i.e. Adult Social Care, Blue Badge)
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be kept for the life time of an active record i.e. with an active bus pass or an application pending assessment. You can view Surreys Data Retention guidelines online.
Data on an inactive record will be kept for 15 years i.e. Bus pass not issued, bus pass expired and not renewed, Surrey County Council notified record is deceased/gone away.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy