- Safeguarding training opportunities - Surrey Skills Academy website.
- Insurance for community groups - most common questions.
- Introduction to emergency management and how communities can support this
- 'Prepare for flooding' guide (PDF) - how to prepare your property and how to stay safe during a flooding event.
- Sign up to warnings, alerts and apps for weather, flooding and first aid
- Red Cross: learn first aid
- Check your flood risk
Resources for young people, parents and teachers
- First Aid teaching resources for children and older young people by the Red Cross.
- Learn more about the weather and how it affects us
- Information on electricity and safety for young people, teachers and parents
- Online resources, activity sheets and story books by Hampshire and Isle of Wight Local Resilience Forum for younger children to learn about extreme weather, fire safety, water safety, road safety and sustainable transport.
- Resources for teachers:
- For more information on resources for young people and schools from Surrey Prepared partners, please contact us at email@example.com. This includes:
- Homework sheets, quizzes and presentations or possible tours by the Environment Agency on rivers, flooding, the River Thames Scheme and the Jubilee River.
- Links to the utility companies for possible school visits and information
Community resilience activity by young people
- The Duke Of Cornwall Award has lots of resources to make young people, but especially those who belong to a uniformed organisation, more resilient. Would your local Scouts, Guides, Cadets, or similar group like to take part?
- Children, young people and flooding: recovery and resilience: work of some Surrey and other young people helped by Lancaster University and Save the Children, including a short film on how young people are affected by flooding and their manifesto for change.