Apply for a permit
You can apply online for a free permit to use a van, pickup or trailer to dispose of your household waste only, at one of our designated community recycling centres (CRCs).
The permit does not cover the disposal of household construction waste (including home DIY) or business waste. If you are transporting these types of waste in a van, pickup or trailer, they must be taken to a waste transfer station, where they will be weighed and charged for.
Before you apply, please see our webpage: Do you need a van, pickup and trailer waste permit.
To apply online you will need:
- To be a Surrey resident and only one permit will be issued per household.
- A valid email address (for receipt of your permit, which you need to access our sites).
- To create a Surrey account (using the link below). Once registered, please click on "Quick Links" to apply for your permit.
- To accept our terms and conditions.
Receiving and using your permit
- You will receive your van, pickup and trailer waste permit via email usually within 5 minutes of applying online. This may vary depending on your network provider.
- You must show this email (alternatively you can show a printed copy) to a member of staff each time you enter the community recycling centre.
- If you forget your permit or it does not match your vehicle registration number, you will be refused entry to the community recycling centre.
- If your permit does not have a vehicle registration number, you will be refused entry. You can obtain an updated permit showing your vehicle registration by contacting us.
- The permit allows up to 12 visits in one calendar year. By accessing your Surrey account you can check how many visits you have made.
- The permit will be automatically renewed on your first visit in the new calendar year.
- If you lose your permit we can resend your permit via email. Please contact us with your details via email: email@example.com
- You may also be asked at some community recycling centres for photographic proof, usually your driving licence, to confirm that you are a resident of Surrey. Please see our webpage: Surrey Residents Scheme, for details of which community recycling centres this applies to.
- The permit provides permission to enter the site only and is not a permit to deposit waste which is subject to the site user guidelines, and any waste restrictions that apply. Your permit will be checked and the waste and recycling you have brought will be recorded. Please check each community recycling centre below for information on what you can and cannot take.
For further information, please see our van, pickup and trailer waste permit - terms and conditions.
Using your permit at our CRCs
If you have a permit, you can use your van, pickup and trailer to dispose of household waste at one of the following community recycling centres (CRCs). Please check each community recycling centre below for information on what you can and cannot take.
You cannot use your van, pickup and trailer to dispose of household waste at one of the following community recycling centres, because these centres are to small and do not have the resources to take such vehicles. Please check each community recycling centre below for information on what you can and cannot take.
Why the permit was introduced
The permit was introduced to ensure:
- Only Surrey residents can for free dispose of household waste in a van, pickup or trailer at community recycling centres.
- Businesses cannot dispose of their waste at community recycling centres and they will contribute to the cost of disposing of their waste.
- To reduce congestion at community recycling centres.