Apply for a permit
There is a non-refundable fee of £8.50 if you want to use a van, trailer or pickup to take household waste to a designated Community Recycling Centre (CRC). This is an administrative charge which means we can still allow these vehicles to access our CRCs.
Our van, pickup or trailer waste permit scheme does not cover the disposal of household construction waste (including home DIY) or business waste. If you are transporting this type of waste in a van, pickup or trailer, it must be taken to a waste transfer station, where it will be weighed and charged for.
To apply you will need:
- To be a Surrey resident and will be required to provide a valid Surrey residential address.
- To read and accept our terms and conditions before applying.
- To create a Surrey account (using the link below). Once registered, please click on "Quick Links" to apply for your permit.
- To provide a valid email address as this is where your permit will be sent.
- A valid debit or credit card
All 2021 permits will expire on 31 December 2021. You will be able to renew your existing permit online on or after 1 January 2022.
Receiving and using your permit
- You will receive your van, pickup or trailer waste permit via email usually within 15 minutes of applying online. This may vary depending on your network provider. If you do not receive an email please check your junk mailbox.
- The permit will need to be shown to site staff on arrival - either a paper copy or on a smart phone. The permit must match the registration number of your vehicle you have driven to the CRC.
- If you forget your permit or it does not match your vehicle registration number, you will be refused entry to the community recycling centre.
- Your permit allows 12 visits per calendar year (1 January - 31 December). By accessing your Surrey account you can check how many visits you have made.
- Permits will not automatically renew until you have made payment for the following year.
- If you lose your permit we can resend your permit via email. Please contact us with your details via email: email@example.com
- You may also be asked at some community recycling centres for ID, usually your driving licence, to confirm that you are a resident of Surrey. Please see our webpage: Surrey Residents Scheme, for details of which community recycling centres this applies to.
- The permit provides permission to enter the site only and is not a permit to deposit waste which is subject to the site user guidelines, and any waste restrictions that apply. Your permit will be checked and the waste and recycling you have brought will be recorded.
CRCs where you can use your permit
You can only use your van, pickup or trailer permit at the sites listed below and only to dispose of household waste. Please check each community recycling centre below for information on what you can and cannot bring.
You cannot use your van, pickup or trailer to dispose of household waste at one of the following community recycling centres, because these centres are too small and do not have the resources to accept such vehicles.
Why the permit was introduced
The permit was introduced to ensure that:
- Only Surrey residents can dispose of their household waste in a van, pickup or trailer at one of the designated community recycling centres. The permit does not cover the disposal of household construction waste (including home DIY) or business waste.
- Businesses do not dispose of their waste at community recycling centres as they need to pay for the disposal of commercial waste.
- Congestion is reduced at our community recycling centres.
For further information, please see our van, pickup or trailer waste permit - terms and conditions.