Step 5: We offer you a primary, infant or junior school place
- Step 1: Research and choose schools to apply for
- Step 2: Complete the application form
- Step 3: Complete any supplementary forms
- Step 4: Applications are assessed
- Step 5: We offer you a place
- Step 6: You accept or decline the place
- Step 7: If you don't get a place at your preferred school
Summary of this step
We will tell you the place that you have been offered in the evening of 16 April 2020.
- If you live in Surrey and applied online we will email you the outcome of your application in the evening of 16 April 2020. You can also log into your account to see the outcome, from the same evening.
- If you have downloaded the mobile app 'ParentComms' you will also receive a notification in the evening of 16 April 2020 telling you the school your child has been allocated.
- If you applied online but have not been offered your first preference we would normally send you a letter by first class post on 16 April 2020, giving more information on the decision and what steps you can take next. However due to the current Covid-19 outbreak we will no longer be sending a letter to any parent who applied online. All the information you need will be available in your online outcome and email.
- If you live in Surrey and applied on paper we would normally send you a letter by first class post on 16 April 2020 letting you know the outcome of your application. However due to the current Covid-19 outbreak we are limited in our ability to print or post letters. We will only send a letter to you if you have not provided us with an email address. If you have provided us with an email address we will send your outcome by email.
- If you live outside Surrey, your local authority will let you know the outcome of your application, even if you have applied for Surrey schools.
If you do not receive your outcome, please contact us.