Notification of arrangement for concessionary bus scheme
- Surrey County Council gives notice of the publication of its concessionary bus fares scheme for older and disabled people, as part of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS), in accordance with and subject to the relevant provisions of the Transport Act 1985, the Transport Act 2000, the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007 and all associated secondary legislation.
- The scheme will operate from 1 April 2021 until 31 March 2022.
- The scheme provides that the following permanent residents of Surrey are entitled to hold a standard ENCTS pass, issued without charge:
- Older people, that is a man or woman who has reached the age at which a woman born on the same day becomes eligible to receive the State Pension.
- People with a qualifying disability, in accordance with the legislation and Department for Transport guidance.
- Services of limited duration, or to special events.
- Long-distance express services, such as operated by National Express.
- Train, tram or ferry services (even if operated by a replacement bus).
- Any services outside England.
- Any other services deemed by this authority to be exempted in the Department for Transport guidance.
All enquiries should be addressed to:
Strategic Transport Group
Surrey County Council
Kingston upon Thames
Our website has more information about the scheme and this is also available from Surrey libraries.
Files available to download
- Surrey ENCTS Guidelines for Bus Operators 2021-22 (PDF)
Surrey concessionary fares scheme for older and disabled people guidelines for bus operators 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022