Notification of arrangement for concessionary bus scheme
- Surrey County Council gives notice of the publication of its concessionary bus fares scheme for older and disabled people, as part of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS), in accordance with and subject to the relevant provisions of the Transport Act 1985, the Transport Act 2000, the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007 and all associated secondary legislation.
- The scheme will operate from 1 April 2018 until 31 March 2019.
- The scheme provides that the following permanent residents of Surrey are entitled to hold a standard ENCTS pass, issued without charge:
- Older people, that is a man or woman who has reached the age at which a woman born on the same day becomes eligible to receive the State Pension.
- People with a qualifying disability, in accordance with the legislation and Department for Transport guidance.
- Services of limited duration, or to special events.
- Long-distance express services, such as operated by National Express.
- Train, tram or ferry services (even if operated by a replacement bus).
- Any services outside England.
- Any other services deemed by this authority to be exempted in the Department for Transport guidance.
All enquiries should be addressed to:
Travel and Transport Group
Surrey County Council
Kingston upon Thames
More information about the scheme is available from County Libraries or on the website via the following link: