Local List for the validation of planning applications
The Local List clearly identifies the information that we, at Surrey County Council, normally require to be able to register, assess and determine your planning applications. The level of information required depends on the size and type of the application.
The current Local List was adopted on 27 November 2020.
The purpose of the Local List is to:
- Provide greater certainty to applicants about the type and extent of information required as part of their application at the earliest possible stage.
- Enable our Planning and Regulatory Committee or our planning officers to have all the information it needs to determine applications in a considered and timely manner.
- Minimise the need to request additional information from the applicant at a later stage, making the determination process more efficient.
- Ensure greater consistency in registering and validating applications submitted to us.
The Local List consists of the Introduction and Background, which includes the National Validation Requirements appropriate to all applications, and three annexes containing the local requirements for each of the development types we control.
Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) Planning Advice and forms may also be required as part of your application.
Applicants are encouraged to supply as much information upfront as possible to reduce the need for pre-commencement conditions.
Please note an application cannot be considered valid until the appropriate fee has been paid. This can be done via the Planning Portal, internal transfer (for Reg 3 applications), cheque or pay online.
Files available to download
- Local List Introduction and Background (PDF)
Guidance for applicants and agents on the validation requirements of planning applications submitted to the County Planning Authority
- Local list Annex 1 - Minerals Related Development (PDF)
Guidance for completing minerals related applications
- Local list Annex 2 - Waste Related Development (PDF)
Guidance for completing waste related applications
- Local list Annex 3 - County Development (Regulation 3) (PDF)
Guidance for completing county development related applications
- Waste Alternative Site Assessment Advice Note (PDF)
Suggested stages of alternative site assessment and information sources
- Guidelines for Noise and Vibration Assessment and Control (PDF)
Guidelines on the standards the county council will normally apply to mineral, waste and other county development sites.