The Surrey History Centre is able to offer an A4 and A3 flatbed scanning and camera based digitisation service, which can be used to provide copies from a wide range of archive and library material.
For current charges please see our Surrey History Centre table of fees.
Each item will be assessed as to its suitability for copying. The following information is provided as a guide:
- The text on some documents may not be easily legible. Every effort will be made to provide copies to the highest standard possible for research needs.
- It may not be possible to provide copies of documents in certain formats, or those which are damaged or are in a fragile condition.
- It may not be possible to copy documents which have been stapled, pinned or tied together.
- Be aware that if a document is heavily folded or tightly rolled and cannot be safely held down, creases and shadowing may appear in the copy.
- Special arrangements can be made to include seals, but as documents containing these cannot be held down creases and shadowing may appear in the copy.
- Tightly bound, damaged, very heavy or large bound volumes may be unsuitable for copying.
- There may be some restrictions in copying very large maps and plans.
- Where documents have been previously microfilmed, copies will still be available from our microfilm printer. Digitised copies of these documents may be provided on request.
To order digital copies please contact Surrey History Centre.
Files available to download
- Digitisation of archive and library material - terms and conditions (72.0 KB)
Terms and conditions of our digitisation service