- Name of service - Events Team
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 30 November 2018
- Date of current version - 3 June 2021
- Review date - 3 June 2024
The reasons why we use your personal data
Why are we collecting your personal information?
As part of the Framework for co-ordinating and approving events on Surrey's Highways (PDF), the Events Team collects personal data of event organisers for the following reasons:
- To ensure communication and coordination between partners and event organisers, which will help to minimise any impact attributed to events
- To ensure the process for approval of road closures under Section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 is consultative and transparent
What do we collect and how do we use your personal information?
We may collect event organiser information such as:
- Name, role and organisation
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
We may share event information including event organiser contact details, plans and other event documents with local authority partners and emergency services in order to:
- facilitate event communications and to minimise wider impact to communities
- respond to enquiries or complaints
- co-ordinate and facilitate Safety Advisory Groups, which advise on the safety of local events and agree any licences needed for events.
Non-personal event information and web links are published on our events calendar webpage for wider awareness of residents and key stakeholders, including other event organisers in order to avoid route clashes. This event information is also shared through monthly database updates sent to key stakeholders including emergency services. Personal data of event organisers is protected and is not shared through the events calendar webpage or database.
How we are allowed to use your personal data
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
In some instances, the data we collect will be shared with other partners, e.g. emergency services and local authorities.
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
In order to maintain communications with event organisers and to ensure our event details are as accurate as possible, we continue to hold organiser contact details for as long as required.
Your information will be held and used for as long as you remain the point of contact.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.