To read this page in Ukrainian, please see Google Translate: Підтримка громадян України
Temporary bus pass available for Ukrainian nationals on the Homes for Ukraine scheme
Surrey County Council has worked with bus operators in Surrey to set up a scheme offering Ukrainian nationals a bus pass to give them free travel on their most used bus route. The temporary bus passes are valid for three months from issue to help Ukrainians newly arrived in Surrey on the Homes for Ukraine scheme, to get around. Each person aged 5+ years intending to travel by bus will need to show their individual bus pass. Children under 5 years don't need their own bus pass.
The Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass is free of charge and users will simply be able to show their pass to the driver or tap on the ticket machine when boarding the bus from their chosen route, to enable them to travel whilst they settle into their new lives.
Listed below are operators currently offering the Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass on their routes. Once issued, the bus pass can be used Monday to Sunday on the routes offered by the chosen bus operator only. We are hoping that more bus operators will offer the scheme soon.
Bus operators supporting the scheme
- Compass Travel
- Falcon Coaches
- Reptons Coaches
How to apply
The Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass can be applied for online using the form included in Step 1 below. The form can be filled in either by the UK family host on behalf of their Ukrainian guest(s) or by the person who wants the bus pass. Individual forms will need to be filled in for all person's aged over 5 years. Children aged under 5 years do not need a bus pass to travel.
Step 1: Application
- Check the bus route that you want the free travel to cover and make a note of the bus operator for that route. Make sure it is one of the bus operators listed above. Visit our bus timetables to check routes and bus operators.
- Pick the bus route that you will use most often so it will be most useful for you in your day-to-day life in Surrey.
- You will need to provide the following details to apply for a Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass so the person(s) details can be verified:-
- Your name or the name of the person(s) you are applying for
- The address of where you/they are staying in Surrey
- Your date of birth or the date(s) of birth of the person(s) you are applying for
- Your email address or the email address for the person(s) you are applying for
4. Once you have completed 1,2, and 3 above you are ready to fill in the application form.
Step 2: Application processed
Once you have applied by filling in the above Bus Pass Application Form you will receive confirmation of your application by email.
Please note you may be asked by some bus operators to supply a passport style photo.
You can expect to receive your Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass within 5 working days. Different bus operators issue the bus pass in different ways as follows:-
- Compass - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have given once you have supplied Compass with a digital passport style photo.
- Falcon Coaches – you will need to collect the pass from a travel shop / bus station information desk - Falcon Coaches Ltd, 20a Wintersells Rd, Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7LF
- Metrobus - you will need to collect the pass from the Metrobus Travel Shop in Redhill. Redhill Travel Shop, 3 Princess Way, Redhill RH1 1UR. Open 8.30am to13.00pm and 13.30pm to 5pm Monday to Saturday. Closed - Sunday/Bank Holiday. You will need to bring along some proof of identity such as your passport, Visa, or another official document provided by the Home Office.
- Reptons Coaches - you will be sent the pass in the post to the address you have provided.
- Stagecoach - you will receive an email with a code for a free pass and instructions on how to use it.
You will be told in advance how you will receive your bus pass.
Step 3: Bus pass issued
- Once Surrey County Council has verified that you or the person(s) you are applying for are eligible to receive a Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass, your details will be provided to your chosen bus operator.
- The bus pass is free of charge no payment will be requested, you will not be asked to confirm your bank details at any point.
- If a photo is needed for a child's bus pass aged 5 to 15 years, you may need to pay for a passport style photograph
- The bus pass will be valid for a period of 3 months from issue.
- The pass will only be valid for use by the named person on the application and should not be given to anyone else for bus travel.
- The pass will be issued from your chosen bus operator and will not be valid on other bus operator routes. Check before you travel.
- Children aged under 5 years do not need their own bus pass but can travel on an accompanying adult's bus pass.
- For terms and conditions of travel please check your chosen bus operator's web pages for details.
For more information
If you need help with your application or have further questions please telephone: 0300 200 1008 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- Complete our community helpline enquiry form
- Textphone (via Text Relay): 18001 0300 200 1008
- Telephone from overseas: +44 20 8541 9944 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- SMS: 07860 053 465
- VRS: Sign language video relay service
Calls to 03 numbers from any network will cost no more than those to 01 and 02 numbers and count as part of any call package. The cost of calls per minute depends on the network. Please check with your provider. BT customers may be able to call 03 numbers for free.
Please note: Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.