In order to organise the learning and development of the Academy there will be eight faculties.
- Faculty 1 - Practitioners in training (and newly qualified practitioners)
- Faculty 2 - Qualified practitioners
- Faculty 3 - Practice education and other specialist teaching roles
- Faculty 4 - Alternatively qualified practitioners
- Faculty 5 - Management and Leadership
- Faculty 6 - Surrey model for working with children and families
- Faculty 7 - Research, Evidence and Evaluation Faculty
- Faculty 8 - Commissioning Faculty
Faculty 1 - Practitioners in training (and newly qualified practitioners)
This faculty will address the needs of all Surrey partners to get a qualified workforce, working in partnership with universities and other providers.
Faculty 2 - Qualified practitioners
This faculty will support staff as their careers develop – it will enable staff to build a detailed understanding of theory and practice, give staff the opportunity to develop special interests and expertise and give them the opportunity to support and learn from their colleagues and others.
Faculty 3 - Practice education and other specialist teaching roles
All specialist staff are fully skilled and able to understand theory and practice, so that they are outstanding practitioners.
Faculty 4 - Alternatively qualified practitioners
This faculty will support the development of a wide and varied range of staff. Some of this faculty's members will aspire to obtain professional qualification following an apprentice programme provided by all partners.
Faculty 5 - Management and Leadership
This faculty will:
- Encourage the growth and development of leaders and managers across services for children in Surrey, with shared responsibilities for outcomes
- Ensure managers have generic skills like data analysis, budget management and staff appraisal.
Faculty 6 - Surrey model for working with children and families
Common induction for all staff working with children and young people, development of further shared training, job shadowing.
Faculty 7 - Research, Evidence and Evaluation Faculty
This faculty consists of colleagues who are supported to volunteer as "Research and Evidence Fellows" develop a knowledge base which will include resources nationally and internally to support evidence based practice across all partners. They are champions for cascading and supporting knowledge to improve and maintain good and outstanding practice
Faculty 8 - Commissioning Faculty
This faculty will support the learning and development of children's commissioners.
For any enquiries, please email us at email@example.com.