Open to all no need to pre-register from 1 April 2020
To support businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have temporarily suspended the need to register for advice. Please just get in touch with us using the details below.
Business advice line Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
- Telephone: 0300 123 2329
- Email: email@example.com
- Text relay: 18001 0808 223 1133
- SMS: 07860 053465
What can Trading Standards offer you
Our trading standards Business Advice team is made up of experienced and qualified Trading Standards Officers. We can help you to ensure your business complies with Consumer Protection Laws and Regulations and give you the right answers to important questions such as:
- How do I make sure the goods I sell are safe?
- What information must I put on my food labels?
- When I trade online, what details should be on my website?
- Who can provide consumer law training for my staff?
- How can I be sure my contract terms and conditions are really protecting my business?
- How can I improve my age restricted sales procedures?
- How can I stop unfair advertising from my competitors?
- Do I have to give the consumer a refund?
Our trading standards business advice officers have extensive experience of advising a variety of businesses from small family companies to international blue-chip corporations. Your business advice options explains the way we can help to support you, including Primary Authority.
- Your business advice options
- Terms and conditions for business advice
- Fees timescales and payment for business advice
Examples of questions we have responded to are:
- labelling of products where ingredients or packaging is in short supply
- questions around whether businesses need to close
- supporting food businesses diversifying to provide take-away/delivery services and providing related advice
- supporting charitable and voluntary organisations supplying local residents
- repurposing of production systems, compliance for new product production such as sanitiser
- reviewing fire risk assessments with reduced staffing levels
- completing fire safety checks whilst maintaining social distancing
- reviewing emergency action procedures.