This can be a very confusing time, but we can get you in touch with various organisations and charities who can help you with different things.
If you are unsure about what to do when someone passes away, please see the further guidance listed below.
- GOV.UK – The government's own website provides a very useful step-by-step guide on what to do after someone has died. It provides clear information on everything you will need to do.
- Local Citizen's Advice Bureau – They also provide a walk in service in various parts of the country.
- Inquest – The trust can assist you with any state-related deaths (eg. deaths occurred during custody).
- The Coroner's Courts Support Service – A national voluntary organisation, supporting bereaved families going through the inquest process.
- NHS 'coping with bereavement' – The NHS website provides guidance on how to deal with a relative or loved one.
- CRUISE Bereavement Care – The United Kingdom's largest bereavement charity, providing free care and bereavement counselling to people suffering from grief.