Problems on private and unadopted roads

Private roads are not maintained by Surrey County Council and therefore we cannot progress your request.

Some private roads are managed by residents' associations. Please contact your local district or borough council who may be able to provide information about residents' associations in your area.

Grit bins not maintained by Surrey County Council

Surrey County Council are responsible for the majority of grit bins, however some may be privately owned or maintained. These are usually owned by your local Town or Parish Council. You may wish to contact your local Town or Parish council to report the issue.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.