We have a statutory duty to consult on some of our transport and highways work and activity, but we sometimes choose to consult when we are not required to. Find out more about our roads and transport consultation responsibilities.
We aim to be open, fair and consistent when undertaking transport work or activity on or around our roads. Our Consultation Good Practice Guide for transport, work and activity on Surrey's roads sets out the broad obligations, aims and objectives of our consultation and engagement procedures.
We will normally co-ordinate a single response to an external consultation. If it is of a political or contentious nature it will be submitted for approval to our Cabinet or to an elected member of the County Council.
Our contact centre will provide details about local works or activities.
Motorways and trunk roads (long distance roads) are managed by the Highways Agency. The Highway Agency Information Line is 0300 123 5000.
Borough and district councils carry out consultation in relation to their duties e.g. taxi ranks, parades, markets. Contact them direct.
- Surrey wide
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
- Electric Vehicle Strategy
- Low Emissions Transport Strategy
Details of these two strategies can be found on the Surrey Transport Plan Consultations on the Plan page.
Epsom and Ewell
Reigate and Banstead
- Victoria Road, Horley zebra crossing consultation
- Parking consultations in Reigate and Banstead
- Extension of Fastway 20 bus route into the Acres
- Parking consultations in Surrey Heath
- Traffic calming consultation for Chertsey Road in Chobham
- Highway improvements consultation for Bagshot village centre
- Windlesham and Chobham weight limit scheme
- High Street and Chertsey Road, Chobham – Junction Improvement Consultation
- Parking consultations in Tandridge
- Westerham Road, Limpsfield - speed limit reduction consultation
- Pendell Road, Bletchingley and Bletchingley Road, Merstham - consultation