- How do registered skip companies apply for a skip licence?
- What are the terms and conditions of the licence?
- What is the cost of skip licence and when will it be issued?
- Can a skip licence be turned down?
- What if I wish to extend my skip licence?
- What if I have any queries, concerns or complaints?
How do registered skip companies apply for a skip licence?
Once registered, you can apply for a licence online, either through the gov.uk website or through our own website.
You will need your user name and password to apply on our website. We will send you a monthly invoice. If you have forgotten your user name or password, please contact us online or by telephone.
You do not need to log in on the gov.uk website, and payment must be made by credit or debit card at the same time as submitting your application.
What are the terms and conditions of the licence?
Please see our conditions of permission for skips page for full terms and conditions.
We may also add conditions to a licence, which may relate to the following:
- the location of the skip
- the skip dimensions
- the manner in which the skip is to be coated with visible paint and other material for the purpose of making it immediately visible to oncoming traffic
- the care and disposal of its contents
- the manner in which the skip is to be lighted
- its removal at the end of the licensed period
What is the cost of skip licence and when will it be issued?
A licence costs £90 for up to and including 28 days. Licence renewals for a further 28 days cost £90.
We will issue a skip licence within 2 working days, upon receipt of a full application.
Can a skip licence be turned down?
In some circumstances it may be necessary for us to turn down an applications. If this happens, we will let you know the reasons why.
Usually, this will be because the proposed site is considered to be potentially hazardous to the travelling public.
Licences can be revoked if the skip company fails to comply with the terms and condition of permission.
What if I wish to extend my skip licence?
If you applied online via gov.uk, you can extend your licence online via gov.uk for another 28 days. Licence renewals cost £90.
If you wish to extend your skip licence for another 28 days, and did not apply via the gov.uk, please send your request to the following address and enclose a cheque payable to Surrey County Council for the renewal fee:
Surrey County Council, Hazel House, Merrow Lane, Guildford, Surrey,GU4 7B
What if I have any queries, concerns or complaints?
If you have queries, concerns or complaints about the registration process, please contact us online or by telephone.