Guildford park and ride is the smart way to get into Guildford. Park and ride lets you park free of charge at one of three car parks - Artington, Merrow, and Onslow - and pay to travel into Guildford on the all-electric zero emission buses. Pay the driver when you get on the bus, either with cash or via contactless payment. Park and ride buses drop you off and collect you by the Friary, a handy location for both major shops and offices. The site at the Spectrum is currently suspended.
Changing work and shopping patterns have impacted the number of people travelling into Guildford town centre every day. Usage of the Park and Ride sites in Guildford is significantly reduced from the pre-pandemic levels. Stagecoach, Surrey County Council and Guildford Borough Council continue to monitor demand with a view to increasing services when passenger numbers rise.
Guildford park and ride services
- Service 100 - Onslow
- Service 200 - Artington
- Service 300 - Merrow
- The service to the Spectrum is currently suspended
Guildford park and ride fares from September 2023 on services 200 and 300
- You can buy a Guildford Park and Ride DayRider for £3 from the driver or on the Stagecoach Bus App. This gives one day's travel to and from all Guildford Park and Ride sites or, if you are only making a single journey, you can buy an Adult Single ticket for £1.60.
- Up to two children under 16 years of age can travel free with each adult. Extra children can buy a Child Single ticket for 80p.
Concessionary bus pass holders
- Senior concessionary bus pass holders can buy a Guildford Park and Ride Concessionary Day Return for £1.50 from the driver.
- Disabled concessionary bus pass holders can travel for free after 9.30am Monday to Friday, or can purchase the Concessionary Day Return for £1.50 before 9.30am.
Travelling more often?
- You can buy a Guildford Park and Ride 7 Day MegaRider for £12 from the driver or on the Stagecoach Bus App.
- You can also buy a Guildford Park and Ride 28 Day MegaRider for £42 from the driver or on the Stagecoach website.
- The best-value option for regular travellers is the Guildford Park and Ride MegaRider Xtra for £36, available on the Stagecoach website. This is a recurring ticket which lets you use a credit/debit card to set up automatic monthly payments, renewing each month unless cancelled.
- If you're travelling every now and then, you can instead buy a Guildford Park and Ride P&R Flexi 5 for £12 on the Stagecoach Bus App. You'll get 5 Guildford Park and Ride DayRiders for the price of 4. You can use these any time within 12 months from the date of purchase.
These tickets are valid on all Guildford Park and Ride services.
Service 100 Onslow
Service 100 to Onslow Park and Ride is reintroduced from 4 September 2023. This replaces the previous number 400.
The service is available to all for a flat £1 single fare.
This service operates Monday to Friday from 6.30am to 7.00pm, and on Saturday from 7.15am to 7.00pm. Buses run every 30 minutes during the daytime, increasing to every 20 minutes during weekday peak times. The journey takes approximately 12 to 15 minutes. There is an extra stop at Guildford Park Road at the back of the railway station. Buses will pick up here towards Onslow, and drop off here towards Guildford.
The site is situated on Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford GU2 7AD.
Service 200 Artington
Service 200 operates Monday to Saturday from 7.35am to 7.35pm. Buses run every 30 minutes during the daytime, increasing to every 20 minutes at peak times. The journey into Guildford town centre takes approximately 8 minutes. There are extra pick up stops towards the Park and Ride site and drop off stops towards Guildford town centre at The Mount and Lawn Road.
The site is situated on Old Portsmouth Road, Guildford GU3 1LP.
Service 300 Merrow
Please note that the waiting room and toilets at Merrow Park and Ride site are currently unavailable.
Service 300 operates Monday to Saturday from 7.45am to 7.30pm. every 30 minutes during the daytime, increasing to every 20 minutes at peak times. The journey into Guildford town centre takes approximately 12 minutes. Buses also stop at Merrow Church, Jenner Road and Guildford Library.
The site is situated on Epsom Road, Guildford GU4 7AA.
Service from the Spectrum
This service is currently suspended.
Files available to download
Map showing location of Guildford "Glide" park and ride sites (PDF)
Guildford Park and Ride scheme - where to park, board and the cost involved