Online register of planning applications for minerals, waste and our development

Planning applications for building, extending or converting homes, offices or shops are handled by Surrey's borough and district councils.

We, Surrey County Council, only deal with applications for minerals or waste-related developments, and for developments to our own property, such as schools and libraries.

We decide details of applications for properties owned by us, such as schools or libraries, and other applications such as those for minerals and waste (for example: sand or gravel extraction, landfill or energy from waste plants) and these can be found in our online register.

If you have an enquiry about minerals and waste planning, please contact us at

Data protection

Planning is a statutory function and information provided to us for this purpose is held on the lawful basis of public task (in accordance with the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended, related orders and regulations). If you have submitted a planning application to Surrey County Council or made a comment on a planning application, your name, address and contact details will be saved in our files, electronic and paper. We do this so we can notify you of amendments to the proposal, the outcome of the application, if an appeal is lodged against the application, and subsequent applications in respect of the site. This information will be retained indefinitely as part of the background information on which the planning decision has been based. Additionally, all submissions will be sent to the relevant Borough or District Council to be placed on the Planning Register, as this is their responsibility. In the event of an appeal or a 'call-in' by the Secretary of State, your submissions may be copied to the Planning Inspectorate or the National Planning Casework Unit.

For more information please see our Planning privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.