Highways complaints

Tell us about a highways issue

Tell us about a highways issue

You will need to use our highways online fault reporting tool if you want to tell us about a problem on a highway such as:

  • potholes
  • flooding and drains
  • manhole covers
  • trees and vegetation
  • pavements and kerbs

Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone or email.

You cannot request an insurance claim form for damage to your vehicle using the highways complaints form. For more information read our guidance on how to make a claim for damage to your vehicle.

You will need to contact your local borough or district council about such highway issues as:

  • household waste/bin collection
  • dog fouling
  • litter/street cleaning
  • fly tipping

How to make a complaint

Online complaint form

You can make a complaint about a highways service you have received from us.

The quickest and easiest way to make a complaint about the services we provide, is to use our online complaint form.

If you unable to use the form and need to contact us in a different way, then please contact our Customer Relations Team:

  • Address: Customer Relations Team, Surrey County Council, Dakota, 11 De Havilland Drive, Brooklands Industrial Park, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YP
  • Email: county.complaints@surreycc.gov.uk
  • Tel: 020 8541 9100


Once reported, we aim to respond to your complaint within 10 working days at the latest. If your complaint takes longer, we will keep you informed of the progress. Please see our complaints procedure for more information.