Surrey's twelve local authorities have agreed the formal arrangements for the Surrey Police and Crime Panel and have appointed twelve councillors to be Panel Members (see details of appointments below). These arrangements form part of the Panel's constitution which was ratified in 2012.
Under Schedule 6 of the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011, two compulsory non-political Independent Members are required to join the membership of the Panel as full Panel Members with voting rights. A thorough recruitment process is undertaken for Independent Member roles on the Surrey Police and Crime Panel.
As the host authority for the Surrey Police and Crime Panel, Surrey County Council provides administrative and other support to the panel and its members.
- Tandridge District Council - Cllr Mick Gillman (Vice-Chairman)
- Surrey County Council - Cllr Keith Witham
- Elmbridge Borough Council - Cllr Barry Cheyne
- Epsom and Ewell Borough Council - Cllr Hannah Dalton
- Guildford Borough Council - Cllr Julia McShane
- Mole Valley District Council - Cllr Paul Kennedy
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council - Cllr Victor Lewanski
- Spelthorne Borough Council - Cllr Sati Buttar
- Surrey Heath Borough Council - Cllr Valerie White
- Runnymede Borough Council - Cllr John Furey
- Waverley Borough Council - Cllr John Robini (Chairman)
- Woking Borough Council - Cllr Ellen Nicholson
- Independent Member - Mr Philip Walker
- Independent Member - Mr Martin Stilwell