Where to get help if you have been the victim of a crime

In an emergency dial 999

If you have been a victim of a crime you should report it by calling Surrey Police by calling 999 in an emergency or 101 in a non urgent situation.

On 1 April 2019 Surrey Police opened its new Victim and Witness Care Unit, based out of Guildford Police Station. Their professionally trained team is there to help victims of crime cope and, as far as possible, recover from their experience, putting in place care plans tailored to the needs of the individual. The unit is open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday and you can contact them on 01483 639949.

If you are feeling desperate and need to speak to someone outside of the support line hours, you might like to contact the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.

Information, help and support is available if you have been the victim of domestic abuse.

Advice and support is also available if you have been a victim of rape or sexual assault.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.