How to report a crime or anti-social behaviour

All crimes should be reported to the police, using the information below.

In an emergency always dial 999

Reporting a serious crime

Dial the emergency number 999 if:

  • Someone's life is in danger
  • Someone is at risk of violence, or property is about to be damaged
  • A serious offence is in progress
  • A suspect is at the scene or an early arrest is likely
  • Serious disruption to the public is likely
  • you are reporting a very serious crime (for example a serious assault)

Reporting a minor crime

To report minor or non-urgent crime, contact Surrey Police on the non-emergency number 101.

If you are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech impaired, you can use the textphone facility on 08000 101 in an emergency, or 08001 101 for a non-emergency. You can also send a text message to 07860 097227 or 999 (register for this service first at Emergency SMS).

If you would prefer to give information anonymously, you might like to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Reporting anti-social behaviour

For information about dealing with anti-social behaviour, see the Surrey Community Safety website.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.