To support the aims of the Surrey Armed Forces Covenant, the 'Surrey Civilian Military Partnership Board' (SCMPB) fosters closer working relationships with the armed forces. The Surrey Civilian Military Partnership Board (SCMPB) is made up of lead agencies and military partners and meets twice a year. Led by the Chairman of Surrey County Council, the board considers key issues affecting the armed forces community across the county and aims to:
- Provide, and positively encourage all residents and public and non-public organisations to, support all elements of the Armed Forces community
- Ensure the armed forces community and their families are not disadvantaged as a result of their service
- Work with partners on training and raising the profile of the Armed Forces Covenant to ensure that more people and organisations can offer support to the Armed Forces community and their families
- Promote the benefits of employing reservists, ex-service personnel and spouses of those serving
- Support veterans and ex-service personnel in Surrey and linking to service charities as appropriate
The SCMPB is supported by the Recognise and Remember Task Group.
Recognise and Remember task group
The Recognise and Remember task group supports the commemoration of the endeavours of current and past service personnel. The group celebrates the role played by the Armed Forces Freedom marches, Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday, VE Day and VJ Day. It encourages recognition and remembrance of the unique sacrifices made by the Armed Forces personnel in defence of society.