If you are a new livestock keeper please ensure that you have obtained a holding number from the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) on 03000 200 301 and then a herd/flock number from the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA a DEFRA agency) on 03000 200 301, which will then notify us.
You must provide details of any movement of sheep or goats to or from your farm to the Livestock Information Service (LIS).
For more information on keeping sheep and goats, please read through the following information from Department for Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and Gov.uk:
- Guidance: keeping sheep, goats, pigs and deer
- Sheep and goat movement reporting - Livestock Information Service (LIS)
- Sheep and goats: welfare
- Sheep and goats: disease monitoring, prevention and control
- Sheep and goats: welfare during transport
- Sheep and goats: movements within a business
- Dealing with animal by products
If you have any queries contact our Business Advice line on 0300 123 2329 or email: email@example.com.