Pig Keeper requirements

If you are a new livestock keeper, please ensure that you have obtained a holding number from the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) on 03000 200 301 and then a herd/flock number from the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA a DEFRA agency) on 03000 200 301, who will then notify us.

For more information on keeping pigs, please read through the following information from the Department for Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and Gov.uk:

If you have any queries contact our Business Advice line on 0300 123 2329 or email: business.advice@surreycc.gov.uk.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.