Below you will find details of the different events and courses that have been organised by our partners.
These sessions are not organised by Surrey County Council and responsibility for them lies with our partners. Please liaise with them regarding any queries or issues you would like to discuss.
Feel free to get in touch with us on email@example.com if there are any upcoming events you would like us to highlight here.
Contributing to Section 42 Enquiries
Various dates, from Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board
Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board are launching a new course advising providers what they will be expected to do if asked by the local authority to contribute to their Section 42 enquiries.
The aims and objectives for this course are:
- Understand when s42 duties apply
- Describe the objectives of an adult safeguarding enquiry
- Recognise how making safeguarding personal works in practice
- Understand the different roles with an adult safeguarding enquiry
- Begin to understand how and when it is appropriate to professionally challenge other agencies during an adult safeguarding enquiry
- Develop skills to write a good quality adult safeguarding report
To find out more and to book a place, please head to the Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board's training page.
Six Steps to Success in End of Life Care for care homes
Various dates, from Princess Alice Hospice
Aiming to ensure all residents at end of life receive high quality care provided by care homes who encompass the philosophy of palliative care.
These sessions will create End of Life champions, developing their knowledge, skills and confidence to share their learning with other members of the team. Champions will be responsible for implementing changes within the care home to improve the quality of end of life care. The programme is delivered via three workshops and full support is given throughout the programme. The portfolio of evidence to support the implementation of the programme which follows the 5 CQC fundamental standards for care homes.