Our principles ensure our online services are easy to use, intuitive and focused on customer needs.
- Start with user needs.
- Ensure the most important user needs, tasks and content are prominent.
- Understand what users are doing from: good practice, usability testing, analytics, user behaviour.
- Do the hard work to make the user experience simple.
- Iterate, then iterate again – ensure that you user test and check it meets customer needs and behaviours.
- Follow web standards to ensure accessibility for all.
- Content must be relevant and up-to-date.
- Put information where people are looking for it – do not assume that content should be delivered in the same manner online as offline, consider the channel choice and delivery method.
- Be consistent, not uniform.
- Make things open and reusable - share and look for opportunities to reuse good things that others
- Ensure all core services are part of the www.surreycc.gov.uk domain and all other content and services are discussed with Web and Digital Services.