Landfill is the disposal of waste into or onto land by means of burial. Information about landfill sites in Surrey is available from different organisations, including those listed below.
District and borough councils
For historic and closed landfill sites, contact the Contaminated Land Officer in the district or borough council in which the site is situated:
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
Landfill sites that are actively receiving waste or have recently closed are regulated by the Environment Agency. Contact the Environment Agency for further information.
Phone: 03708 506 506.
Surrey County Council Planning and Development Group
A landfill site will have been issued with planning permission from Surrey County Council. To find out about the planning history of a landfill site, contact our Environment and Infrastructure Planning and Development Group by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 8541 9897.
Surrey County Council Waste Group
Surrey County Council presently owns or licenses the following seven closed landfill sites:
- Broadford Lane Landfill, Broadford Lane, Chobham
- Callow Hill Landfill, Callow Hill, Virginia Water
- Crowhurst Landfill, Pikes Lane, Crowhurst, Lingfield
- Drinkwater Pit, Lyne Road, Virginia Water
- Knowle Lane Landfill, Knowle Lane, Cranleigh
- Lime Pit Landfill, Ranmore Road, Dorking
- Trumps Farm Landfill, Kitsmead Lane, Chertsey
For further information on any of these sites, please contact Richard Bartram on 01932 874271 or email: email@example.com and mark for the attention of Richard Bartram.