Surrey County Council works with Boom Community Bank to make it easier for you to build and protect your finances.
Boom Community Bank
Boom Community Bank is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with more than twelve thousand members. All of Boom's members save, and many of them borrow. Boom uses its members' accumulated savings to improve the availability of fair financial services in the local community.
Boom Community Bank is the trading name of West Sussex and Surrey Credit Union Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 475226
My Money Box
My Money Box enables you to save as you earn and repay loans directly from your wages every payday. My Money Box savings are kept in Boom Community Bank and are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Watch a short video on the Boom Community Bank YouTube channel explaining how the service works.
The benefits of My Money Box are:
- Payroll deduction is one of the easiest ways to save
- Saving can alleviate money worries and stress
- Your savings could earn dividends
- Easy Access to your money through your online account
- If you do not have a perfect credit history, you could still avoid high-interest lenders
- Loans can be repaid confidentially, directly from your pay, for anything from debt consolidation to home improvements.
To join the scheme, visit the employee's page of the My Money Box website. When registering you will be asked to provide an email address to register, please use firstname.lastname@example.org or for school staff use email@example.com.
Any queries get in touch with them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be informed about your pension before making changes to it - The Surrey Pension Fund home page.
Be aware of scams - Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards.
Visit our Health and welfare section.