Dial-a-Ride is a specialist door-to-door transport service which caters for people who are unable to make use of public transport services. Dial-a-Ride Transport typically caters for individuals who are; unable to access public transport due to health conditions or mobility difficulties; individuals who are geographically isolated and do not have access to the public transport network; individuals who may be considered "socially deprived" for example, Dial-a-Ride operators can provide minibus travel for people with low income.
Please check with your local Dial-a-Ride provider to see whether you are eligible to become a member of your local scheme. Dial-a-Ride provides transport for individuals who wish to attend medical appointments, social activities, shopping trips and in some instances, to places of employment or to other transport links to enable geographically isolated individuals to commute to work.
To access this service it will be necessary to become a member of your local Dial-a-Ride. Typically, members may be asked to pay an annual membership fee and have to pay a fare for each journey that they take.
Please contact your local Dial-a-Ride organisation for further information regarding how to become a member and for any information relating to fares and membership fees.
Dial-a-Ride services now cover most boroughs and districts in Surrey and are detailed below:
- East Surrey Dial-a-Ride - 01883 349001
- East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership - 01883 701270
- Elmbridge Dial-a-Ride - 01372 474944
- Epsom and Ewell "Transport from Home" - 01372 732000
- Guildford Dial-a-Ride - 01483 458052
- Mole Valley Buses 4 U - 01883 701270
- Mole Valley Dial-A-Ride - 01372 383333
- Reigate and Banstead Buses 4 U - 01372 204540 or 01883 732791(to register)
- Runnymede Community Transport - 01932 425050
- Spelthorne "Spelride" - 01372 474550
- Surrey Heath Community Transport - 01276 707655
- Tandridge Buses 4 U - 01372 204540
- Waverley Hoppa - 01428 681701
- Woking Community Transport (Bustler) - 01483 744800
Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) Training
Community Transport Operators also provide vehicles for group hire and also offer Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) training for individuals/organisations that wish to transport individuals using minibuses.