Some of these resources held at Epsom and Ewell Local and Family History Centre are held on microfiche or microfilm and we provide a reader.
Held for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 for Epsom and Ewell and some surrounding areas.
- Epsom Cemetery 1871 to 1902, 1916 to 1944, 1954 to 1999
- Undated graves 1958 to 1997
- Horton Estate Cemetery 1902 to 1955
- Epsom and Ewell for 1885 to 1915
- Plus some other areas of nearby Surrey
- Epsom and Ewell Advertiser 1910 to 1988
- Epsom and Ewell Herald 1944 to 2001
- The Post: Epsom, Ewell and Banstead May 2001 to 11/3/2009
- (Some years are incomplete and some are missing for all these titles)
International Genealogy Index (IGI)
Large Scale Ordnance Survey 1866 to the present day
Parish Registers (microform or transcripts)
St. Mary, Ewell:
- Baptisms from about 1597 to 1915
- Marriages from 1669 to 1911
- Burials 1608 to 1903
- Banns where no record of marriages, 1755 to 1900
St. Martin, Epsom:
- Baptisms 1695 to 1915
- Marriages 1695 to 1905
- Burials 1695 to 1913
- Vestry books 1770 to 1883
- Banns 1754 to 1783
St. Barnabas, Epsom:
- Baptisms 1903 to 1919
- Baptisms 1874 to 1922
- Marriages 1875 to 1910
Non Conformist records
The following records are useful prior to national registration of births, marriages and deaths in 1837.
Church Street Chapel, Epsom:
- Baptisms, marriages and burials 1826 to 1837
All Saints Chapel, Epsom Union:
- Baptisms 1839 to 1897
- Burials 1839 to 1889
Records are also held for St Andrews, Kingswood.
Little Chapel, Epsom:
- Baptisms, marriages and burials 1779 to 1811
Ewell Infant's school admissions 1890 to 1909.
We also have a number of Special Collections including:
- Chuter Ede - Family and Political Papers
- Glyn - Family Papers
- Staneway - Legal Papers
Street and Trade Directories
- Kelly's and Andrew's 1905 to 1956
- Street and Business Directories for Epsom and Ewell and a number of surrounding towns and villages of Surrey
Epsom Workhouse, births and deaths 1838 to 1889.
Valuation List - Epsom
For 1900 - Indexed by Road, Name, or House owner/Occupier.
If you are making a special journey, please contact the centre first to confirm that the resource you want to see is available.