Learning with Surrey museums
Surrey has over 40 museums and galleries with a rich variety of collections, and something of interest for children, young people and adults.
There are a wide range of activities on offer for formal and informal learning, collaborative projects, community events and family activities.
Below is an outline of some of those opportunities:
For schools and colleges
- Imaginative educational activities linked to National Curriculum subjects, adaptable to pupil needs. Workshops may include dressing up and role-play, trails & investigations, costumed character tales or other creative, stimulating sessions
- Curriculum related education resource packs
- Loan boxes – a wide range available to complement topics
- Outreach services – many museums and galleries will take workshops into schools, deliver an assembly, or give an INSET to colleagues
- Projects – collaborative projects may be themed, curriculum related or have a community focus
- Work experience and student placement
For families and communities
- Weekend workshops
- Holiday activities
- Special interest talks and exhibitions
- Community events such as historical re-enactments, art competitions and environmental projects
- Cubs Scouts Brownies and Guides community and heritage badge events
- Young Archaeologist Clubs
- Reminiscence sessions with residential care homes
- Local archive research material
To find out what your local museums or galleries can offer, why not have a look at their website through the Surrey Museums website, or call them for further information.
For general enquiries relating to Surrey Museums, contact the Surrey Museums Engagement Officer on 01483 518737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.