Highways and Transport VIP complaint or enquiry - Privacy Notice
- Name of service - Highways and Transport VIP complaint or enquiry
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 25 May 2018
- Review date - 25 November 2018
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the directorate VIP complaints and enquiries function of the Environment and Infrastructure (E and I) Leadership Office.
A directorate VIP complaint or enquiry can be classified as:
- Any E and I directorate related complaint or enquiry which is received by a Member of Parliament (this can sometimes be on behalf of a constituent)
- Any E and I directorate related complaint or enquiry which is received by a "VIP" within Surrey County Council (SCC). Examples of SCC VIPs include, but are not limited to:
- The Leader and Deputy Leader
- Cabinet Member for Highways
- Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- The Chief Executive
- Strategic Director and Deputy Director - Environment and Infrastructure
- Head of Service - Highways and Transport
The Leadership Office is responsible for processing all E and I directorate complaints and enquiries within SCC, ensuring that replies are accurate and sent on time.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific team(s)/services
Your personal data, as provided by you when making a complaint or enquiry, is collated for the purposes of responding to your complaint or enquiry.
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Postal address
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Any other contact information e.g. fax number
- Any other information which you share with us when making your complaint or enquiry
How we are allowed to use your personal data
The use of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a public task (in this instance responding to complaints and enquires).
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data is shared with specialist officers / teams, within the E and I directorate, whose area of work is relevant to your complaint or enquiry. These officers / teams are best placed to assist when compiling a reply.
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with our countywide data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.