- Name of service - Transport Policy - Consultations
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 24 May 2018
- Review date - 5 August 2021
The reasons why we use your personal data
Purpose / function of the service
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Transport Policy service that oversees county transport policy, including the Surrey Transport Plan, and the development and delivery of major transport schemes for Surrey County Council.
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific teams or services
Your personal data is collated for the purposes of
- allowing the Transport Policy team to approach you for clarification regarding part or all of your consultation response in order to ensure your comments have been fully understood and considered
- monitoring the demographic makeup of consultation respondents in order to ensure the consultation is inclusive and accessible to all
- to email you a confirmation of receipt together with a copy of your consultation response in order to reassure you that your comments have been received, and to give you a record of your submission for future reference
In addition, we collect your personal data for the following:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Statistical analysis and reporting
What information do we collect?
- Postal address
- Organisation(s) you represent
- Disability status
- Employment status
It is not necessary to supply the above information in order to respond.
We also collect:
- Your consultation response
How we are allowed to use your personal data
To process your personal data, we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address and we will deal with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data is not shared beyond the Transport Policy team.
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
We do not use automated decision making.
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
We do not send or process data outside of the UK and EU.
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with the Surrey County Council countywide data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.